New Website Questionnaire
(Scroll to the bottom to download the editable Word document.)
Before embarking on any project, it is important that I get to know you and why you want a website, and will ask you to answer these questions:
- What is the name of the business? Who is the primary contact/decision maker? Please provide your contact information.
- What is the title and tagline for your site?
- Why do you want a new website? What is the purpose of this site? Is there a primary action you would like from a visitor? (Fill out a contact form, sign up for a newsletter, make a purchase?)
- Briefly describe your organization. What is your vision statement or mission statement? What is your core message? What is the one thing you want to tell your audience?
- How do people find out about your business?
- How do you want people to find out about your site? What terms would they use in their search engine?
- Who is your audience? What do you know about them?
- Describe your idea of a successful website.
- If you have an existing website, what do you like and what don’t you like about it?
- What websites do you like and dislike? Please provide 5 links to sites you like.
- Describe the sections of your website and the content that needs to be in each section.
- Describe any special functionality you will need: forms, shopping cart, newsletter, donations, etc.
- Is there content that needs to be accessible from every page? Like links to social media, phone number, or menu items?
- What is the status of your content: logo, images, photos, and text?
- Do you have social media accounts set up? Do you want your site to link to these?
- Will you need regular updates to the site? Do you have someone in-house to do this?
- What is your deadline?
- What is your budget?
- Anything else?